Regulatory and Payment Information


We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then please send this to us in writing at 24 Catherine Street, Salisbury SP1 2DA or by email to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Such correspondence should be addressed to “The Partners”. Once received, the complaint will be dealt with by one of the partners having been allocated based on the identity of the individual subject to complaint (in other words, the matter will be looked into by a partner who has not previously supervised your matter). Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.


What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ


What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


Costs for Representation During a Police Investigation

Representation at a Police Station (including military Police Stations) is in almost all cases free of charge because it is covered under the legal aid scheme. This includes:

  • Attendance on you in person and/or via telephone if you being held under arrest.
  • Dealing with certain police procedures such as identification parades.
  • Attendance with you at the police station if you are returning on bail and are to be further interviewed.
  • Attendance at a police station if you attend on a voluntary basis for an interview under caution.

The police station legal aid scheme does not automatically apply in the following instances. In these cases we will advise you beforehand whether legal aid is available. Where it is not our usual private client rates will apply:

  • Interviews under caution by the DWP or other agencies other than the police or MOD police.
  • Office appointments at your request to discuss an investigation against you prior to charge.
  • Making enquiries of the police concerning seized property.


Costs in Other Criminal Matters

Legal aid is often available for criminal court proceedings but is means tested. We can advise you on whether it is likely to be granted.

Our private client rates mirror those generally allowed by the courts when assessing whether a solicitor’s bill is reasonable. However, in some cases we will be prepared to act for you on the basis of a fixed fee, agreed with you in advance, covering the initial stages of the case and the first hearing: in guilty plea matters this may well encompass the whole case from beginning to end. We will be able to advise at the outset whether this approach will be possible in your case.

In more complex matters – generally involving a not guilty plea and a subsequent trial in the magistrates court - we may be prepared to agree a further fixed fee with you covering the remainder of the case. The amount will vary depending on the amount of work required, as assessed during the initial stage of the case.

Crown Court and Court Martial cases can usually be dealt with under legal aid. Where this is not available our general hourly rates will apply, unless we have agreed a fixed fee with you in advance.


Motoring Cases - Fixed Fee

Legal aid is unlikely to be available in motoring cases. However, in such cases we can offer advice and representation upon payment of a fixed fee of £300 + VAT.

The fixed fee covers the initial stages of a motoring case before a magistrates’ court. Where a guilty plea is entered and the case is disposed of by the magistrates the fee will encompass the entire case. The fee includes:

  • Up to 2 hours attendance and preparation including:
    • considering evidence
    • taking your instructions
    • providing advice on likely sentence
  • Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court.

The fee does not include:

  • instruction of any expert witnesses
  • taking statements from any witnesses
  • advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
  • advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
  • representation at Crown Court


Rates Where a Fixed Fee Is Not Applicable

Solicitor or legal Executive (8 years+ post qualification experience): £217/hour.
Solicitor or Legal Executive (4 years+ post qualification experience): £192/hour.
Other Solicitors or Legal Executives: £161/hour.
Trainee Solicitors other paralegals: £118/hour.